Monday, February 28, 2011

Moving through February

Change is in the air, and it's bitter-sweet.  My best friend is moving away.  As I'm "getting older" I realize change is inevitable (I'm leaving it at that so I don't start crying again and I don't embarrass Andrea). 


So with all the change, I am once again realizing how important my family is to me; how I need to be the glue for them.  So here's me dealing with change, here's me loving my family and grateful for all the wonderful friendships I have.  Here's me aware of my blessings and grateful to my Heavenly Father for the people in my life.

"Most people can look back over the years and identify a time and place at which their lives changed significantly. Whether by accident or design, these are the moments when, because of a readiness within us and a collaboration with events occurring around us, we are forced to seriously reappraise ourselves and the conditions under which we live and to make certain choices that will affect the rest of our lives."
- Frederick F. Flack

You'd never know this little guy had a burst ear-drum when he's walking around being so cool!

This kid always keeps me laughing.

I had to snap this picture.  I love reading in bed, I love that they do too.

Hanging out and talking to Mommy while I folded laundry.  I love these moments.

Movie night.  We watched "Earth" that Disney made.  A great movie, it was very emotional for them.

I love my boy's imaginations.  It amazes me how young they start to be so creative.

Waiting for Daddy to get home.

Witt came in the other day and told me he needed some matches.  I told him he couldn't have matches till he was a Scout.  He wasn't too happy about that because look what he built in the driveway. 

The next day he told me again he needed matches for his "bomb" fire.  Not bonfire.  Bomb fire. 
 So Daddy and Witt built a fire together that night.  He loved it.

The next day he built a car and raced in the Indy 500.  He won and we are financially set for life.

I love this.  I love my sweet Hubby.  He's the best Daddy, he's my rock.

I've been having this obsessive need to have a yard sale.  Needing a little change for myself so I've been going through the house like a crazy person.  I'm sure there's moments when John is questioning my sanity because I'm getting rid of stuff he never thought I would.

So, in the midst of my boxing up and putting in the garage, Lane decided to help by putting all his toys in a box.  He so loves to help, even though I had to put everything back when he was done helping...

Yesterday morning we woke up to more snow than we've ever gotten at one time.  It was beautiful and the boys had so much fun before we headed off to church.  It was the kind of morning you wish your Christmas morning would be.  Snow on the ground and sunny outside.  Just beautiful; magical.  


I love the snow on the cactus out front.  Race took this picture.

There are a few people who know me too good.  Here's one of them.
And here is the amazing Adriane keeping up her celebrity status!!  I've always claimed to be part"Wilkins"  because every one of my Wilkins girl friends have been so dear to me.  We've had some great adventures!
Thank you my dear sista-friend for spoiling me for the day; for making the fam dinner, laughing and hiding in the bedroom like we're teenagers giving me a makeover.  It meant so much. 

"The moment of change is the only poem."
Adrienne Rich

I am so blessed.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE boys. Even john {wink}.

So jealous of both you and Adri :)