Friday, December 10, 2010

Thanksgiving

After Annell and I ran, we headed back up to Mom and Dad's place where our families were waiting.  We had such a great day.  I absolutely love Thanksgiving; can you guess why?  I love food.  I love to eat.  And there is nothing better than stuffing yourself to the point of sickness, then sitting around talking, laughing, telling stories and just being with family.  Then going back for round 2 on the food, and repeating this process the whole day long.  I love it. 


It just amazes me, as I sit around with my brothers and sister, that we have kids of our own running around.  I remember being a kid and sitting at the "kid" table with all of my cousins, eating off the paper plates and the cups with our names markered on them.  I remember listening from the kitchen to the adults in my Grandparents dining room laughing and carrying on eating off of her very nice china.  When did it happen, that I graduated to the "big person" table?  Where did the time go?  I can't help but think of that wonderful song from Mamma Mia! (one of my favorites) Slipping Through My Fingers .   Time just seems to slip away whether we are enjoying it, or getting through something difficult.  I'm so grateful for the time I've had to spend with my family.  For the opportunities and experiences my parents gave me.  I love you so much Mom and Dad. 


Oh how I love my siblings.  My sister (so thoughtful, caring, creative, patient).  My BIG little brother Tyrrell (so layed back, talented, tender-hearted, quiet).  My other BIG little brother Tanner, yes he's 14 and taller than me now (gifted, a dreamer, a thinker, and playful!  My boys love him).

Of course I couldn't find my camera at my parents house, so this year, sad to say, Thanksgiving pictures are limited.  Thank goodness for camera phones right Annell? 

1 comment:

Annell said...

MUST...HAVE...SWEET...POTATOES!!!! Our mama makes the best in the west!