Monday, November 15, 2010

Temple Grandin

This is an amazing movie that everyone should watch; whether you know someone with autism or not.  Though I read the book already, I was hesitant to watch the movie because I was afraid of what Hollywood would do to a subject so dear to me.  Clare Danes does an amazing job at portraying this incredible lady.  It made me laugh and cry over and over.  I don't know if it is because some of the things that happen hit so close to home or if it is because it puts on the big screen some of my greatest fears as a mother.  I think it's both.  Watch it; learn and grow. 

2 comments:

Laurie Freeman said...

i'm excited to see this!

Melanie said...

I'll definitely watch it!!! Our school district is full inclusion, so I have multiple autistic students in my class every year. Boy those kids make me smile!!! One of my autistic students I had last year came up to me and grabbed my belly, and said "is it a boy or girl Ms. Cooley?" I said "It's a boy, just like you!". He said, "oh no, it's way different than me." How can you not smile from that??? And I was so impressed by the conversation he just had!!

Thanks for sharing Teddy!