Monday, May 28, 2012

Race is Eight



I look at him and can't believe he's eight.

The other night the boys and I got home late from somewhere and they had all fallen asleep in the car:

I unbuckled Witt and carried him in to his bed.
I unbuckled Lane and carried him to his bed.
I unbuckled Race and tried to pick him up.
Dead weight, I couldn't move him.
He's a hard sleeper.
I tried to pick him up again.
It wasn't happening.
"Race, come on. We're home...I need you to walk to bed."
"I'm too tired."
"Come on, I'll hold your hand."

I still look at him and can't believe he's eight.

He got snow for his birthday:


And made his own cake for Family Home Evening:


Some of Race's Favorites:
the color blue
biscuits and bacon gravy
Tae Kwon Do
electronics
everything Mario
maps
Star Wars
nature
Magic Tree House books
otter-pops
water, he's a little fish
Harry Potter
riding his bike

I can't believe he's eight.


No comments: