Monday, May 23, 2011

Whiskey Row

So, while John, Race and Witt were camping, Lane and I went to spend Saturday with my fam.  I LOVE my family.  I love my brothers and sister, I love my Mom and Dad.  We always have a great time when we all get together. 

But this get together was a little different than most.  A little bitter sweet.  My big little brother left this last week for basic training, so it was the last time we'd ALL be together till Christmas.  I love you Tyrrell, I'm SO proud of you! 

I don't even know who's idea it was...definitely not mine, but in honor of our brother leaving, and my sister being this super running mama now, and Tanner running faster than all of us, now that he's in the prime teen-age years of his life, and we're all getting OLD, we decided to run the famous Whiskey Row 10K.  Soooooooo much fun.  And if you know anything about Prescott Arizona, you know this race was absolutely beautiful, and you also know this race wasn't easy.  Lets just say, there was a sign at the bottom of the first big hill that said, "What the HILL???"


For the record, the only reason Tyrrell wouldn't do it is because he didn't want to get hurt before going into the military...not because he couldn't right Tyrrell? 

Anyway, we all loved it so much, and it brought back the GOOD memories I have of running the marathon there nine years ago (not all the bad memories like knees and hips hurting for three months afterward, and having no porta potty's along the mountain for 26 miles!!) we decided to make it an yearly thing (and Daddy says he's going to do it with us next year!).  10K's rock!


Yes, Annell and I were taking pictures of each other while we ran.  I love you Sis, you are an amazing runner, and woman!  You really are my hero, and I want to be just like you when I grow up...




I love my family, I love to run.  It was a good day.

No comments: