Monday, May 6, 2013

Renaissance Festival

For a field trip a few months ago, we went down to the Renaissance Festival with our good friends the Wimer Family. What a blast, I forgot how much I love it there!


We were even asked to stand in with Cory from Fox News while he interviewed the "bird man". So we were famous for a few brief moments:


Witt loved the food best:

This picture cracks me up every time I look at it. Witt is really enjoying a turkey leg. I'm sure I looked the same way when I was eating mine.


Race loved the jousting and science:


Race and his good buddy Dathan:


And Lane, well besides all the swords and weapons, I think he loved talking with an English accent best.

This picture cracks me up.


We had so much fun, and the boys learned lots. By the end of the day, they were wishing they lived in the Renaissance times. And then on our way out went into the dungeons where we learned about torture devices and the black plague and I think they changed their minds. :)

No comments: