Monday, May 20, 2013

Jasmine

John was home with Lane one evening as I was driving back from Tae Kwon Do with the other two boys. I called him as I always do to let him know we were on our way. And this is how the conversation went:

 "Hey, Hon. We're on our way," I say.
 "Did you know Lane talks to his shadow?" John says, skipping the hello completely.
"Yes."
"Did you know he's named his shadow?"
"Yes."
"Hu. Do you know his shadow's name?"
"Yes," I say, trying not to laugh.
"So you know all about Jasmine already?"
"Yep."
"Lane's shadow is a girl."
"Yes."

My big macho husband still isn't sure how he feels about this. But I'm just super excited Lane walks around talking to his shadow all day. I'm so proud! I just love his little imagination.


1 comment:

Laurie Freeman said...

I was laughing so hard picturing john saying this!