Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Link, the Naked Rock Thrower

On September 1st, Lane turned three.

I can't believe it.

My baby is three.

He had a Zelda birthday; a Link hat and a sky sword.

And a Triforce cake.


It was the perfect day for my Lil' Man.

I'm so grateful for Lane. He adds so much life to our little family. His vocabulary amazes me and he always keeps me on my toes. And I save his life every day. No kidding.


...Which by the way brings me to another point. Why is it "terrible two's???"  For me, three has always been the harder age. Feedback on this please, people.
---
So Lane, I thought about whether or not to post this on the blog, but the idea of blackmaling you as a teenager won over. So here you go Future Lil' Man:

This last Friday I was helping Race finish up some of his school work. And from Race's desk, I have a clear view of the front of the house and the road. Well, I see one of my neighbor's drive up the road and she slows way down when she gets close to our place. Her car pauses for a bit like she's waiting for something, and she's got this hysterical laughing face.

My confused thought: "Are the chickens out in the road again?"

But then, my thought changes instantly when I hear Lane's tough voice (as deep and loud as a three year old can possibly get), "I'll get you, you bad guy!" coming out from the road.

I quickly go to the window, mad at myself that I didn't check on him sooner. And what do I see??? 

A bare-butt naked Lane standing in the road with both his arms raised to throw something.  And what was he getting ready to throw at my neighbor's red Lexis? Two large (well they looked large in his bity little hands) rocks.

My son was throwing rocks at my neighbor's car.

In the nude.

Thank goodness for good neighbors who get their kicks out of watching what goes on at our house.

So after chasing down the naked super hero and sending him to time-out with some clothes on, I called my neighbor up in my frantic, embarassed state:

Me: "So, Marilyn...sorry about the show out there."

Her: Laughing

Me: I hope he didn't hit your car with a rock. Did he?"

Her: Laughing harder, trying to say no.

Me: "Okay, well I'm guessing everything's alright then?"

Her: More laughing. "Oh Teddy." More laughing. "Bless you."

Me: "What's that?"

Her: Laughing still. "Bless you raising all those boys.
And expecially on days like this particular day, I'll take all the blessings I can get.

---


I love you Lil' Man.

No comments: