Tuesday, July 3, 2012

He's a Wolf

Here's another reason Race has been counting down the days till he turned eight:

He gets to be in Cub Scouts.


I think I'm almost as excited as Race is that he's in finally in scouts. Why is he super excited? Well, he's been dragged to day camps and pack meetings pretty much all his life with John and I always helping out our dear friends the Guys with scouting. We miss you Guy family!!!! And the scouts of the Verde Valley miss you too!!

Also, he's got some other role models in his life who were also scouts:

His Uncle Tanner recieved his Eagle shortly after turning 14 years old.

And look at this awesome picture I found at my parents house. Its my Daddy when he was a Cub Scout.

I'm so grateful for the Scouting Program and the impact it has had on my family. Scouting is a good thing. John will tell you that being in scouts was one of the things that kept him out of trouble as a kid. And Heaven knows there was pleanty of trouble for that boy to get into.

If only we all could take the Cub Scout Promise and apply it daily in our lives, whatever our situation may be:

I Teddy,
promise to do my best
To do my duty to God and my country,
To help other people, and
To obey the Law of the Pack.

I'm so excited that Race is so excited about scouting.

No comments: