Tuesday, December 18, 2012

HIS Twilight Cup

For the Hubby's birthday, I took him to see The Hobbit with Adriane and Justin.

We loved it of course.

So when we got there, I went to save seats and left John to grab the snacks. And this is what the kid a the snack bar gave John his drink in:


And I have to laugh. And I'm still laughing, because if you know my husband, you know he's not the biggest Twilight Fan. And it all stems back from when I tried to explain the first fabulous book to him years ago:

"This girl Bella, she's in love with this guy. But he's a vampire, so he can't get to close to her, even though he's madly in love with her too. But he can't get too close to her because he wants to suck her blood... but really, its soooo good."

So, yes, he's not a Twilight Fan. And in fact, he enjoys mocking the movies. Well, I guess we both do, but for me its just because the movies aren't nearly as good as the books, right?

So the kid at the snack counter hands John this cup.

"Dude. Really?"

"I'm sorry sir, what's that?" the Harkins Kid asks.

"Nothing, its just... nothing." John says, picking up the snacks to leave.

"Oh, is it the cup? Yeah, sorry about that, man. You don't really look like a fan, it's just my manager's making us hand the rest of these out."

"Oh, well, at least I don't look like a fan."

"Well, now you do I guess, since you're holding that cup."

No response. Just a super-sarcastic smile to the Harkins Kid.

Because for the record, he is NOT a fan. Even though he got this very cool birthday cup. :)

No comments: